About Me

My photo
When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished...

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Wake Up!! Not Today...



I don't know about you, but some days I have a really hard time waking the f*** up!!

Namely, Mondays for starters. I mean, REALLY! It's just inhumane to expect people (especially night owls like me) to jump right outta bed on a Monday morning. Mondays should be the day to eeeeeaase into the morning. Maybe knock the first hour off from the start of the work day.... then maybe provide a little breakfast buffet with caffeine as an incentive.

THEN there's Tuesday!! Now there's another day I'm not motivated to wake up to. It's just another Monday hiding behind a different name.

Usually by Wednesday, it begins to get a little easier -- but just a little.

Thursdays aren't too bad.... but Fridays are no problem at all. In fact, it's FINALLY the beginning of the weekend... which is the purpose for my existance on this earth.

Anyway, all that to say that I regularly have trouble staying awake at work, especially on the most difficult mornings. My work place offers no incentives whatsoever for being there ... on time... on these horrible days....

Well, except for the paycheck... but that's another story...

Since I fall asleep at my desk every now and again, I am sharing my top five excuses for what to say when you're caught sleeping at your desk. So far, they've worked for me (whew!)
  • 5) They told me at the Blood Bank this might happen...

  • 4) This is just a 15 minute power nap they raved about in the time-management course you sent me to...

  • 3) Whew! Guess I left the top off the white-out...you probably got here just in time!

  • 2) Did you ever notice the sound coming out of these keyboards when you put your ear down real close?

    And the number one best thing to say when getting caught napping is:
  • 1) ...in Jesus' name, Amen...


You're welcome... ;)

21 comments:

Christopher Jones said...

I like to use the "my paperweight told me this hilarious joke just now. Wanna hear it?" excuse. I suppose those would work as well.

Winky Twinky said...

CB: Goooood one... I'll add that to the list!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love em!

Winky Twinky said...

ThininFyou: Thank ya Sistah!!!....

Phillipia said...

Amen!!!:)

Winky Twinky said...

Amen it is!!! Bonafide by Sister Phillipia!!!

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

I love it when you give out professional advice like that!

Winky Twinky said...

CatLady: You're welcome ;)

Canadian Blend said...

My 14-year old was so proud of himself for waking up before 11 a.m. that he called me at work to give me the news.

Ah. To be young and responsibility-free again.

Winky Twinky said...

You got that right...I'm so jealous!

Elizabeth said...

I'm lucky, I get to sleep all day if I want to.

I think you have something in your eye.

Tigger

Winky Twinky said...

Hi Tigger, I'm definitely jealous of you... I'm particularly interested in your plot to take over the world, so I'm gonna keep an eye on you... ;)

Waltsense.com said...

I am an expert of two hands on the top of the head ...a docment out on top of the keyboard and half on the desk. have a spreadhseet out and a highligher next to your elbows...this is pure pensky report material !

Winky Twinky said...

LOL...Okay, now I'm taking notes...

Nooter said...

heh, i usually need an excuse not to nap...

Winky Twinky said...

lol... yes, the life you have, Nooter... I could definitely do that...

Patrick said...

Haha! Good list; eclectic but right on the money each time. *clap clap clap* :D

Winky Twinky said...

Thanks Patrick... still collecting suggestions... whatcha got??

Elizabeth said...

I hope you're feeling better

Colin said...

I'll have to use one of those, only no.1 would work at school though :)

www.colinbloginit.blogspot.com

Winky Twinky said...

Colin: You're right, that probably would be the only one that would work in school...