I actually won something!! woo hoo
Thanks to my BFF blogger buddy Phillipia over at Writes Phillipia!
What did I win, you ask?
Okay... ready or not
"Premiere Meme Award!
Yep...I know you're jealous. I get to decorate my blog with this award if I first fulfill the responsibility passed on to me... (work, work, work...it never ends) which is:
I have to tell 7 little or unknown innermost secrets about myself first... (wow, do I have any?)
Pass the torch on to 7 fellow bloggers who I like to read...
Soooooooo without further adieu, heeeeere's me:
- A fellow blogger over at ThinkinFyou asked about nicknames. My most used nickname is Deuce, given to me by my (now) ex-husband (we're still good friends, so it's okay to mention him)... Anyway, the name Deuce has suffered many morphs, such as Dooz, Doozdy, Doo-ez, etc. But the origin is not known by many.... until now...
When we first began dating way back in the dark ages, a co-worker of his kept pumping him for information about me. Being a big guy himself, he didn't think what I looked like was any of this guy's business...but he kept asking him, "Does she weigh the deuce? Does she, does she?" Finally, he admitted, "Yeeaaahh, she weighs the deuce." It stuck. And that, my friends, is how I became known as Deuce.
- I was extremely shy and introverted in grade school, but I've pretty much outgrown that these days...mostly replaced by sass and sarchasm.
- I am a night owl. I come from a long line of night owls... okay maybe not a long line, but my mom was definitely one for sure... and so am I. It isn't that I want to be one, 'cause I gotta tell ya... every morning is a unique adventure into self motivational mental wake-the f***-up gymnastics.
- I love spicy hot foods. Not burn-your-mouth-'til-it-melts-off-your-face hot... but just right hot. One of my favs is hot, spicy chili mac...made the old "Chili Parlor" way, with spaghetti noodles, beans, onions, cheese, and just the right recipe of hot chili sauce. Mmmmmm!
- My first job was at a Kewpee's fast food restaurant. I was an assistant manager there after a few months, and kept working there as a second job (until it closed) after I got my "real" job at Divorce Court. (yes, I've heard it all...and then some). I have worked there now for 24½ years... and believe me, I am counting the hours and minutes until I hit 30 years and can finally retire. (yes, it's been an exhausting haul)
- I guess it's no secret that I am a grandma. I have one adult son, and three absolutely adorable (when they're sleeping) grandkids. I love them with all of my heart. Yes, they will be heir to my (non)fortune when I'm gone...which will probably be my broken down van and this blog.
- And last but not least... I have NOT had an actual vacation in about 25 years. To me, a vacation would consist of actually leaving home and going to another destination for more than one or two days. The ex and I did do the occasional one night get away, but because of work or the lack of spendage, that was about the extent of it. So, if I can't win the lottery and travel my way through retirement (some day), I would like to go on an honest-to-goodness vacation while I'm still on this earth.
WHEW... that was some hard work (wiping sweat off the brow)
Now... on to the next and funnest part (is funnest an actual word?)
A chance for some better deserving bloggers to win this awesome award. These are some of the blogs I read regularly, and they are really funny... If you haven't yet, go check 'em out... then go back and see if they take up the passed torch and tell the world their dirty little secrets...
Nooter the Dog: He's always up to something. If he isn't chasing squirrels, napping, or blogging, you can be sure "the human" he lives with is bound to come home to yet another adventure.
ThinkinFyou: This lady doesn't hold anything back... and at the same time, she remains a lady. She was our super cool Summer Blogger Camp Director Extraordinaire!
Nonamedufus: Go hang out a while over at this guy's blog...you won't regret it for sure! While you're there, join in on one of his caption contests.
Ettarose: Check out Sanity on Edge over at Ettarose's blog. She's hosting the Guess The Blogger Baby Contest (which I've entered). Take a peek and see if you can guess which one is me, and while you're there, she also has some caption contests.
Waltsense: If you go now over to WaltSense Journal, you can read about a bunch of things we couldn't live without brought on by Cuba's toilet paper shortage... This guy has some really hilarious stories to tell...
Amy Oops!: Ya gotta go visit Navy vet, Amy Oops!... where funny is a four letter word - Oops! She finds the best stuff out there...
Beyond Left Field: Finally, you'll be glad to detoured Beyond Left Field with Red Raider, where he expounds on his Salute To Morons... It's good stuff!
Okay fellow bloggers and bloggerettes, show us what ya got..... GO!