About Me

My photo
When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished...

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Phuket Room

Did you know there was a place called Phuket, Thailand? Neither did I..... until tonight.

I really...REALLY like that name! As a supervisor at work, I think I'm going to dub our conference room "The Phuket Room." ... for all those times when all you can think is....PHUK IT AND PHUK YOU!!! I think our mascot will have to be the flying finger...in all it's glory...



This would, of course, be complete with it's very own motto: Not Happy? Too bad... suck it up and PHUK IT!!!

Our department administrator has implemented the "chill pill" jar for those stressed out or disgruntled. I think the appropriate name for a jar in this room would be the Phuket Bucket! ... heavily laced with Jack Daniels... or Jose...



WHAT?? You can drink what you want on lunch hour, right? .... RIGHT??




HEEEYYYY!!! How did THAT get in here?? That would never happen here.... er... trust me...


Maybe we can boost morale by handing out "dress down Friday" T-shirts!!... yeah. They would look pretty much like this:



Hey... this could be a positive getaway to hold at bay those getting ready to "go postal" in this ridiculously UNnecessary recession... those tired of covering 4 positions because positions either have to remain unfilled or people would have to get laid off... in short... shut up and suck it up... Phuket!

SOOOO... let's have a fun room -- The Phuket Room -- where we can relax, unwind, and badmouth...

whoever the phuk we want...



Ahhhh... take me to The Phuket Room...

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard of Phucket, never been there, but I have been to Bangor, Maine.

Winky Twinky said...

I've never been there either... geez, I haven't had a real vacation in over 20 years... but gotta love the name...

Phillipia said...

Take me to the Phuket Room and let me drink from the Phuket Bucket...

Love it:)

Anonymous said...

I Phukin love the idea!!

Winky Twinky said...

Phillipia: Phuket Bucket is open to all... enjoy

ThinkinFyou: Phukin A!!

Ed & Jeanne said...

I've actually been there. Thailand is wonderful...

Anonymous said...

Very funny, and oh so true! Every workplace needs one!

Tim

Winky Twinky said...

VE: I'm jealous.. for now this is all I've got...

Tim: Yep, every workplace should have one...

hindleyite said...

Oh how I laughed when I first found out about 'Phuket'. I was five years old at the time though.

And I still laugh at it. No matter how many people try and fob me off with the pronunciation 'foo-ket', I'm not buying it.

Nooter said...

some words just sound funny the more you say them, over and over...

Winky Twinky said...

Yeah, I don't know why this was a new discovery for me... but I'm with you on the pronunciation thing.. I says it the way I sees it ;)

Unknown said...

It reminds me of Phat. Phuket I am Phat. Now that I like!

Winky Twinky said...

Etta: HA!! I like that one too...

Moooooog35 said...

How about this shirt:

I went to Thailand and all I got was Phuk'd.

Winky Twinky said...

HA!! Love it...

Organic Meatbag said...

Awesome idea...we sorely need one in my workplace too... problem is, there would be too many people trying to clamor to the bucket at the same time...we are all extremely pissed off here...hahaha!

Prodigal Son 35 said...

FUNNY!!! cheers!

Winky Twinky said...

Prodigal Son: Cheers indeed!! Brings a whole new meaning to "bottoms up, ay?"

Elizabeth said...

I told you before Winky Twinky you phuking have something in you eye!!

Tigger

Winky Twinky said...

Tigger: I phukin do not...That's called a wink ;)