About Me

My photo
When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished...

Friday, April 17, 2009

Oohhhh to be a kid again!

My oldest grandbaby turned 8 last week. (in direct disobedience to my telling her she wasn't allowed to get any older btw.) Can you remember......when the most perfect day was your birthday... Because the entire world as you know it literally revolves around the fact that you exist.......and that people love you!

You get to pick a "theme," and someone runs with it. If nothing else, someone tries to make sure you get that kind of a cake. This year since her birthday fell the same weekend they were moving, the theme was a little more generic, but her other grandma always makes a mean cake!

But on your actual birthday, and the day of your party, the entire day lasts forever. You spend endless hours picking up the house, cleaning your room....and minutes feel like hours.......oh the drudgery! (Luckily for her this year with the move, her party this year was at her grandma's house...thanks Grandma!) FINALLY, the time comes....when someone gets there...... woo hoo.... Thing is, you can't really have fun yet...Now it's yet another wait fest..... until everyone is done eating...yeesh... You keep asking if people are done eating yet....but no, it's not time yet. At least we can play outside for a while....is it time yet? Not yet..... sigh. NOW??

THEN....finally...the coveted moment finally arrives!!!! OH YEAH....WOO HOO!!! It's FINALLY time to open the gifts!!!!! The ultimate moment you've been waiting for. Christmas just might be the best.....but today... it's all about me baby!!

It just doesn't get better than that. Can you remember the day when your ultimate wish list was actually able to be fulfilled??? Damn, it's been a long time....but it is possible during those long lost childhood days of yore.......Lots of clothes this year, but girls love clothes...some things to play with...and WOW!....a new bike!!!! ...NICE.... Thanks everyone for all the cool stuff! Sorry I didn't pay much attention to who gave me what...and that I saved all the cards for mom to read later.... but I did say thanks!! Now.....come on everybody...let's play 'til cake time!!!

Wouldn't it be wonderful to be a kid again........I'm Just Saying..........

7 comments:

Wayne said...

that was cool funny

Winky Twinky said...

Thanks Wayne.......

Phillipia said...

I am not sure I ever was a kid - at least i don't remember right now, but in a couple more years, I bet I will be remembering it real clear:) ....yeah, it sucks to get old...er....

Timothy W Higgins said...

WT,

I would settle for being child-like without appearing childish.

As for being a kid again, I don't believe that I am up to making all of those mistakes again.

Winky Twinky said...

Yes........ my oldest friend and I have had this discussion....... I guess it depends on where you're coming from......neither of us would want a repeat............. but MY point...was the indifference...the innocent fun..... 'cause we all know THAT doesn't last..........
Thanks TH for your input..... You definitely have a lot to say....

Timothy W Higgins said...

WT,

I vaguely remember innocent fun (come to think of it, I only vaguely remember anything), but that was before I began to look like the Jethro Tull character from the song "Aqualung". I do however understand the concept of innocence every time I look into the eyes of my grandchildren.

As for input, few people will accuse me of keeping my opinions to myself, even when they want me to.

Winky Twinky said...

Good for you, that's the only way to be....I know exactly what you mean about the grandkids..there's really nothing quite like them!