About Me

My photo
When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished...

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lipstick Deja Vu


I almost never wear make up. Why? I just don't know...just don't have time, I guess. Also, since I have short hair, I feel like there aren't many other ways to actually "dress up," but to apply some make up and more spiffy clothes.
Anyway, I am having such an occasion coming up, where I will probably want to refer to the ole make up. Feeling like my make up was old and out of date, I decided to take a trip to the mall and look for some updated colors. They have lots by the way.... mostly same colors but with different names. Found the perfect eye pencil liner right off... deeper blue to enhance blue.... What *I've* always had trouble with .... is that doggone lipstick!!! Red doesn't fit me... my mom liked orange, but -- NO... "no" color just eludes me, I mean...wtf for?
So...I went to the mall. I hate the mall actually...but, where else do you go? So, I find a couple of make up counters, and decided to go ahead and get the whole works.... the makeover, and whatever. Told the girls I was looking for "something different," ya know...something *just right.* After going through a long series of possibilities, I felt like I finally found just the right thing for me!! NOW, I can feel confident....now I can know I look good!!
Soooo..... I take said make up and perfect lipstick home! Figured at that point, I should just get rid of the old and replace with the new!! So, that I did!!
Except............ when throwing away the old, I look at the name at the bottom... WTF?? It's the same damn color that I *already had!!!* .... I picked the EXACT same lipstick color I had from BEFORE!!!!! OYYY!!!
Guess I'll just stick with what I already have... it's a lot cheaper!!

14 comments:

Phillipia said...

I am not a makeup wearer myself...
I usually just toss on a lil lipstick and head out the door...unless I have a date, then I put a lil more effort in, but since I do not practice much...well, you get the picture:)

Winky Twinky said...

Yep, same here.... I do understand the importance of dressing up the eyes....I can do that when I need to.... lipstick is always trouble.... but, I think now that I've discovered the SAME shade more than once, it's pretty much a lock for me......

Anonymous said...

You're just so damn hot you don't need any anyway.

Thinkinfyou said...

Don't ever trust the girls at a make up counter!! I think they are all clown school rejects!!

Winky Twinky said...

Anonymous: Why, thank you...you can tell this from the glamour shots on my blog...

Thinkinfyou: Yeah, or beauty school drop outs...

Nooter said...

i dont wear makeup either but that bacon flavored lip gloss is to die for!

Winky Twinky said...

Really? BACON!!?? I'll have to check that one out!!

Roland Hansen said...

There was a time that I truly enjoyed putting on clown make-up and dressing in a clown outfit.
I don't have to do that anymore, however, because quite a few people have taken to describing me as a clown, even when I am simply attired without make-up, and, oh heck, even when I am totally naked.

Winky Twinky said...

Roland: Well, you ARE funny sometimes...But I'm not touching "even when I'm totally naked" with a 10 foot pole! ;P

Roland Hansen said...

a 10 foot pole

That's a really big one!

Winky Twinky said...

Roland: LMAO!!

rachaelgking said...

The only time I've ever worn lipstick is for theatre. I dunno... I've just never found one that looked *right* on me. Plus I'm that girl who constantly has her hair stuck in it. Zexxxxxy...

Winky Twinky said...

LiLu: You were in theater? Interesting... I'm not one much for lipstick either, but at least I have short hair... ;)

Wayne said...

What is that ha ha