About Me

My photo
When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished...

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fucktard Cops

Jennifer Davis was stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic on Nov. 18, her contractions just 3 minutes apart. Her husband, John, was trying to appear calm for his wife's sake, driving in the breakdown lane of Route 2. They pulled up behind a state trooper to ask whether they could continue using the lane to reach the next exit, near Alewife Station.

Not only did the trooper say no, he gave them a $100 citation for driving in the breakdown lane, made them wait for their citation while he finished writing someone else's ticket, and even seemed to ask for proof of pregnancy, Jennifer Davis said.

"He said, 'What's under your jacket?' I said, 'My belly,' " Davis said. "He waited and gestured with his head like, 'OK, let's see it.' He waited for me to unzip my jacket. I mean, it was so clear that I was pregnant."

The Davises say the contretemps occurred after two other troopers they encountered had waved them along in the highway breakdown lane, allowing them to evade gridlock while advising them to be cautious and keep their hazard lights on.

While State Police spokesman David Procopio declined to comment on the merits of this stop, he noted that state law prohibits driving in breakdown lanes on Route 2. (THIS, my friends....is a fucktard!!! Green as they come...idiot)

Well, you'll be happy to know that Jennifer Davis was already deep into labor when they made it to the hospital, but it turns out they had time to spare. Charlotte Jane was born about five hours after their traffic stop, with a birth announcement that made the rounds of the maternity ward. (Boston.com)

This reminds me of the day that I had my mother in my car....coming from the hospital, where I was finally told specifically that my mother was imminently terminal with her cancer. She couldn't even sit upright in the seat, but was hunched forward, which was her most comfortable position. I had to get her back home and call Hospice immediately. She was OBVIOUSLY "out of it"...and I was obviously shaken. I got pulled over outside of a high school by an officer who, after having been briefed on the situation by my uncle, who was following me, still continued to lecture me on the dangerousness of driving the actual speed limit outside of a high school.... geez...

1) if you're in high school and still haven't learned how to keep from avoiding an oncoming car, you just might need some special ed.... 2) if this asshole had one iota of decency, he would have grasped the seriousness of the situation and at least passed on the lecture....

I LOVE the police. I wouldn't want to live in a city without them..... but we can all do without the Fucktard Cops!!!....I'm Just Sayin.......

1 comment:

Phillipia said...

Too bad there are so many fucktard cops out there...makes the good ones hard to find at times...