About Me

My photo
When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished...

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jiggs Dinner?? Really??

Okay, just a lonely commentary:

Is it just me............ or has the traditional Jiggs dinner CHANGED?

I remember when all the ingredients were cooked altogether....until it was falling apart....... and as I remember it..... SCRUMPTIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However.............

The last few years.... when I've bought and paid for a so-called jiggs dinner............. I have been so completely disappointed!!

I remember feasting on an overboiled masterpiece of cabbage.....littered with scavanged bits of yummy corned beef and carrots........ omg.... Any more, it isn't even cooked!!!!!

Case in point: I went to a local restaurant tonight and purchased a to-go order of the Jiggs dinner. I could NOT WAIT to sink my teeth into all that cabbage and friends.............

While walking back to my car, an elderly couple were exiting their vehicle and were going inside for a sit-down meal. The wife asked me............ Did you get the Jiggs? I said that I had gotten a to-go order... She continued on to say that she HOPED it would be "cooked" this year.... last year she was ready to turn it back in and tell them to COOK IT!!! I agree!!!! WTF is this shit you're trying to pass off? Half cooked cabbage...half hard carrots.... corned beef sliced like bacon??? and laced with FAT from top to bottom and side to side?? And FORGET the half cooked skin-still-on potatoes...

Okay.... Maybe there are two ways of thinking here.......... the new stuff is: contemporary -- blanche all veggies lightly to taste and serve corned beef as it comes.......

THE MASSES prefer: Some damn good...home cooked.... old fashioned Jiggs dinner!!!! Lots of cabbage...plenty of carrots and PEELED potatoes.... and lots of PIECES of corned beef -- NOT 12 inch slices with fat on all sides!!!! All of this boiled on top of the stove until it just falls apart......mmmmmmmmmmm........ this new fangled stuff sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

.........I'm Just Sayin.............

No comments: